Although our formal Terms of Service are determined by the Department of Health, we would like to outline some of the informal aims and expectations of the relationship between us and our patients while offering a high standard of medical care.
Our patients will receive:
- Courteous and attentive care.
- Routine access, by appointment, to a doctor or nurse of his/her choice.
- 24 hour availability of an emergency service.
- An explanation of the conditions and treatments available.
- Advice on health promotion and disease prevention.
- Access to Medical Records in accordance with current legislation.
- Professional investigation into comments and complaints.
- Help in moving his/her care to another practice if required.
In return our doctors and health care team will expect:
- Patients to use the services we provide with thoughtfulness and consideration.
- To accept urgent care from any available medical personnel.
- If unable to keep appointments patients will inform the surgery as soon as possible of their inability to attend.
- To receive requests for non-urgent visits by 10:30.
- Patients to give 3 working days for their repeat prescriptions.
- Although it is not generally expected that it will happen, the practice does reserve the right, in exceptional circumstances, to ask patients to make alternative arrangements for their health care.